Well, carnivores or omnivores of the world I never thought I would have the chance to write this. I have been nominated for four awards… BUT since I like the name “Triple Decker Sandwich”, this post has three date ordered (I think).
I’m sorry that laugh escaped my lips in the blink of an eye. I promise it won’t happen again.
I never know how to express my happiness to these moments without feeling pushy or like I’m shoving it in someone’s face. *munches on soft chocolate chip cookies so very fast, it puts the cookie monster and godzilla to shame*
Let the blog business commence!
*I tagged about 4-5 people for each award since by the end I’m gonna want to take nice nap and make sure I haven’t gone blind from staring at a screen.
For the first, it is no other than the Liebster award. I was nominated by the multitalented bloggers Kester @LiLbooKlovers and Mandy @BookPrincessReviews. Click on the links and be prepared to behold kickass bookish blogs! Fair warning: The sun could appear out of nowhere and shine over your device if you do.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
2. Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
1.If your life was a story, what would you name it?
Upside Down. NO funkalicious. NO swagalicious. NO bookalicious. Yes that’s perfect but the title definitely does not coordinate with the life story. At least not completely.
2.What Disney character can’t you stand? Or hate the most?
This turncoat aqui. His voice and his traitorous smile caused my head to flop backwards and bang on the movie theater seat.
3.Do you ever read the last page of a novel before you get to that point? Why or why not?
Um. *glances away shamefully* I’m not a crazed fanatic when it comes to surprises so once in awhile I slightly let the wind turn the pages until it lands around the last chapter and say “huh, how did that happen?”
My brother would typically proceed to shake his head, go to the floor, bend his knees, fold his hands, and plead for my insanity to cure itself.
4.What do you do to get out of a reading slump?
Well, with school in my normal routine reading is a breath of fresh air. Whenever I get the chance to stop memorizing another formula, I straight away slide smoothly to my book. *starts to slide* *face hits leg of desk*
5.What season is your favorite? If you don’t have seasons, do you prefer warmer or colder weather?
I’m a craze ball. Whenever it’s summer, I want winter. Whenever it’s winter, I want summer. There is no in-between with me. I tend to forget about spring and fall. I can’t begin to fathom why but I always fall asleep before finishing a coherent thought and snore like Shrek.
6.Do you binge watch things or prefer to watch things nice and slow?
HAHAHHAHA. Me, nice and slow? HAHAHAHAHA. Hold on let me tell my brother this joke.
*Exclusive Content Below:
Olga: Hey Matt, guess what I was asked.
Matt: I don’t care. *looks at iPad*
Olga: Wrong. I have to answer this question… look up!
Matt: *frowns* Fine.
Olga: Okay. “Do you binge watch things or prefer to watch things nice and slow?”
Matt: *blinks* *corner of lips begin to lift upward* *roars to life with laughter* HAHHAHHAAHHAHA. YOU? NICE AND SLOW WITH A TV SERIES? YOUR LIKE AN ORANGUTAN IN SEARCH FOR FOOD. AND YOUR NOT NICE.
Olga: *lips thin* Well than.
7.Do you use any social media? And if so, what’s your favorite?
I prefer Instagram and maybe Twitter. I have Goodreads. Does that count? Plus Facebook but I have no idea what to do with that. I have a page for my blog that I don’t utilize annually and the one for me I rarely check. If you want to contact me or know the goofball behind these words, I would be more than happy to share my other Instagram account rather than the book account or message me on Twitter since it’s a combo! Either is fine really!
8.What was the last book that instantly became a favorite?
OOO CHILLS. The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon. Find it here!
9.If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
No. Uh uh. No.
10.When do you do most of your reading?
Anywhere I can relax and sip types of tea until I’m a hundred percent Camellia sinensis plant.
11.Has there ever been a book that has made you want to stop reading?
Nah, I already joined the reading train later than most peeps so I don’t think I can ever want to bury alive a book.
1. Have you ever read a book that made you cry? What was it?
*scums up pride* Possibly. *coughs* When the series is longer than three books, I can’t help but at least allow some tears to flow when a character is smooshed into smithereens.
2. What do you eat or drink while you read or write?
3. If you were in charge of making a soundtrack for a movie adaptation of a book, what songs would you choose, and which book would it be?
Oh cheese, I love music with a passion and I doubt I could ever pull something like that off… BUT I must complete this question. I must. DUNDARADUN.
Book? Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Soundtrack? It includes some Queen songs, the song Boy is Mine by Brandy & Monica or the Glee version, Listen to Your Heart by the Glee Cast, It Girl by Jason Derulo, and Don’t Speak by No Doubt. As you can tell, I’d planned this for awhile and it’s amazing how I haven’t created a book trailer for it!
4. What is one thing about book blogging you love and one think you wish could be improved?
I love the interaction between book bloggers. I mean I jump around like an energizer bunny when I find a like, comment, or follow notification. There is nothing I would improve about book blogging. WAIT. There is one thing. I wish I had more storage to add gifs and photos…
5. What book is your most anticipated book that is releasing or has been released in 2017?
MY MY MY MYMYMYMYMY I’VE BEEN TRYING TO NOT THINK ABOUT. PHEW. HMPH.
Lord of Shadows(The Dark Artifices,#2) by Cassandra Clare & The Struggle (Titan, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
6. Out of all the books in your collection, which one do you prize the most?
That’s a butter sock to the gut. I love all my books. I have favorites obviously but the dough I spent on them I can not betray. I will not! (It’s been two hours so I’m gonna act like I’m in a Shakespearian play.)
7. Who is an author that lives in your state (or country if outside the US) that you love his or her books or are looking forward to reading?
I read once Cassandra Clare lived in upstate New York I think. I know a favorite of mine does and I’m almost sure she was the author. When I discovered this, I ran around the block saying to the evil in the world, “IN YOUR FACE SUCKERS!” and blew bubbles at any passerby.
8. If you could travel back in time to meet any author and ask that person one question, who would it be and what would you ask?
Shakespeare and Niccolò Machiavelli. Classic I know. Asking Shakespeare on how he created tragedies insanely twisted, would be the first question. For Niccolò, I’d discuss with him on the topic of “The Prince” and why did he believe in certain ideas.
9. Who are some bloggers that you’d like to meet in person?
Everyone. All the ones who have bothered to like and comment on the blog would be absolutely wonderful! I once imagined having a blogger convention for the WordPress bookish blogs. I don’t know. Call me crazy.
10. Do you have a favorite musical? What is it, and what are some of your favorite songs?
Hamilton. Wicked. West Side Story. Dreamgirls. I’ve till this day keep trying to memorize the words to Hamilton’s songs but don’t get confused here I’m not a rapper or a singer. I do like wrappers though because they usually hold candy… I enjoy specific songs like “Listen” from Dreamgirl, “For Good”and “Defying Gravity” which are both from Wicked, and “America” from West Side Story.
11. If you could live in any book world for a year, which book would you transport yourself to?
I don’t have many specific requirements but it would not be a world where there is a caste system of some sort because I will begin a speech/rant on the treatment of said lower castes. I’ll even bring a huge gavel and say “ORDER IN THE COURT!”
Questions Questions… I have no idea what I’m gonna ask.
- Do you ever see yourself switching seats from reviewer to writer? If so, why?
- Are you a confident person or do you struggle from time to time with it? (Don’t be embarrassed to answer. I do too.)
- What is a book that you disliked so much, you decided to never look at the author’s other novels?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Would you have an itinerary written down?
- How often do you get in a reading slump?
- Suppose you never created your blog, what do you think you would be doing?
- Around how many books did you have on your shelf?
- If you could create your own universe, how would you describe it and what rules or laws would there be?
- Are you afraid of heights or could you mount on any Six Flags ride?
- Does your life revolve around your phone or would you be able to go a week or two without it? Share some social media accounts below and spread the greatness!
- Finally, are you the friend to take a picture of everything for safe keeping and look back on it years later or are you perfectly fine with remembering special moments from memory?
Second tag is because of the freaking awesome dog lover/blogger Rakel @MiRakelBooks for the One Lovely Blog award !! Thank you again and I hope to do the award justice.
•Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
•Share 7 things about yourself
•Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15)
•Include this set of rules
•Inform your nominees
HAHAHAHA. That’s funny. I’m not interesting.
7 Things About Myself
1. Olga is currently trying to make the damn TV remote work so she can record some Law and Order SVU.
Olga also would lift herself off the bed but she’s too damn lazy and her bed is her best friend. Evidence A->
2. Olga has an addiction to- Imitation Game. Hacksaw Ridge. Dr. Strange. Every Marvel Movie. Every Real Life Inspired Movie.
3. Olga keeps referring herself in the third person because – She’s weird. She’s abnormal. She’s awake at five in the morning on a Saturday. She’s really starting to wonder why she promised to finish the entire post in a sitting. She does not love love the name “Triple Decker” any longer.
4. I’m at this moment deciding on if I should eat strawberries or blueberries. Either way the berry family is luring me to the dark side (healthy living lifestyle).
5. I know nothing of fashion. Snazzy and trendy includes a table cloth with a hole in it to make it a poncho.
6. Grilled cheese sandwiches.Holy heaven. I can live off those. I don’t care what cheese. Just not the type I see on Tom and Jerry when I was a kid.
7. I write stories. Lots lots of them. I’ve been attempting to type everyday and it’s been refreshing! I take a glass of sprite and pretend I’m on the island, Bora Bora, sipping a pina colada with my christmas knee high socks on my bro’s pillow. OH and I wish I could also grow a fin in the process but I would have control of when I used it. With the grilled cheeses, it’s PARADISE!
Lastly, the hell of a fantastic blogger named Kester @LILbooKlovers nominated me for The Black Cat Sea Award. Thank you!
“THIS AWARD IS FOR BLOGGERS WHO STRIVE TO WRITE FOR EVERYBODY, AND NO MATTER HOW MANY VIEWERS THEY GET, MAKE AN IMPACT ON A READER. THIS AWARD IS AN EXPRESSION OF GRATITUDE TO THE NOMINEE. IT SHOULD BE AWARDED TO ANYBODY THAT YOU CHOOSE DESERVES IT, AND IT DOESN’T MEAN THAT THEY MUST HAVE HUNDREDS OF FOLLOWERS AND LIKES.”
– Anybody nominated can nominate eight other bloggers.
– The nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator.
– The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
– If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
1. What is your favorite album or soundtrack you like to listen to and why?
I don’t have. I do however have a playlist on Spotify named “Best Playlist Ever”. I made it because I was exhausted from having to change songs while studying. It kills the mojo!
2. Which book have you been wanting to get signed for such a long time?
The Mortal Instruments book. City of Bones to be precise. I had the chance of meeting her months ago but I got held at school for a math review. I know. I was super duper pissed at school that I considered becoming a nun and saying you don’t need school to be a nun.
3. Would you rather read only physical books but get a paper cut every 15 minutes or e-books but your device shuts down for 1 minute every 5 minutes?
HA. I’m choosing the physical books but get a paper cut every 15 minutes because I could create a device to turn the page from a distance.
- What book character can you closely relate yourself to? (Personality or life wise)
- Have you been to meet and greets? If yes, then describe the feeling you got when you saw a favored author and what book you asked him/her to sign? If no, then tell who’d you like to meet someday and why?
- If you could create your own universe, how would you describe it and what rules or laws would there be?
(If you have noticed I did repeat the last question because I take a lot of pride in it so yea. Golden cheese I want coffee.)
Oh.My.Cheese. I. Finished. WOOHOO. Sweet delicious victory. I need an ice cream sundae and so I shall make myself one once I’m finished.
To the nominees you do not have to do it if you do not want to, but should you choose do it-I can’t help the excitement and suspense coming from seeing your answers! Congrats fellas and cheers to your excellence!
If you weren’t tagged do not worry because it’s been five hours and ya girl needs to hibernate for a few. You are still amazing in every single way!
Thank you for reading and I would drop the mic but there is a laptop on my lap and there is no way in Kentucky History I’m doing such a thing. Remember to stay positive and not allow negatives to effect you! See ya later peeps!
March 10th to March 14th- Book Blitz & Giveaway
Hmm… you’d have to wait and see cause I’m a thinker. (eh, kind of)